Google Analytics

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

100 words: Him

He’s not here.

The car pulls up and that’s the first thing I notice; the absence of him. No lights, no sign of life.

Inside it’s as expected; the kettle isn’t boiled and there is no friendly hug to greet me to and no him to tell me of today’s ailments. I miss his complaints and worries. I miss his amazing smile, full of light and joy.

The evening has been spent with colleagues, talking work and life and other things and I relish the chance to talk about him, about us.

I wonder how many people feel the same.

3 comments:

Chantel said...

A brilliant capture of that moment, the discovery of unforseen lonliness. I despise coming home to a cold dark house.

Jennifer said...

This was beautiful, and I get it.

Reggie said...

Relationships......